Grilled Buffalo Wings
- By Tom Jackson
- Jun 5, 2020
If you’ve never made your own Grilled Buffalo Wings, you’re missing out! The scratch-made buffalo sauce is so easy and so tasty that you’ll never want to do store-bought sauce again. Pair that with the char of a grilled wing, and you’ve got it made!
Grilled Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 18 whole chicken wings, tips removed, flats separated from drumettes
- Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
For the buffalo sauce:
- 2/3 cup Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
Place your wings in an 8 quart Briner Bucket. Cover with Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Soak for 1 hour.
To make the buffalo sauce, combine all ingredients in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate panels in place over the firebox.
Remove the wings from the marinade. Season with the Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Grill until the internal temperature reaches 175ºF, and the outside has nice grill marks and char. Remove from the grill. Place in a mixing bowl. Add enough buffalo sauce to the bowl to coat the wings. Toss to cover wings in the sauce.
Serve the Grilled Buffalo Wings with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Hestan Cue Smart Countertop Induction Burner Cooktop$299.00
- Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet$17.95
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00