Grilled Avocado Toast
- By Tom Jackson
- Aug 5, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon P500 for Grilled Avocado Toast! You're going to love the Cajun toasted sourdough slathered in smashed avocados, roasted tomatoes, feta cheese, arugula and a perfectly poached egg!
- 3 thick slices sourdough bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3 campari tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red onion
- 6 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard, to taste
- Hoff & Pepper Wake Up Call Hot Sauce, to taste
For the Avocado Smash:
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 tbsp baby dill, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning, to taste
For the Cajun Garlic Spread:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Blackening Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic, grated very fine on a microplane
Ignite all burners on the Napoleon Prestige P500 RSIB-3 Gas Grill. Set to high heat.
Halve the avocados and remove pits. Place them cut side down on the grill. Grill with the door open until slightly charred and softened, about 5 minutes, then remove.
Place the tomatoes on the grill as well. Grilling alongside the avocados. When the avocados are removed from the grill, close the lid and continue cooking the tomatoes until softened and starting to split open. Remove from the grill.
While the tomatoes are cooking, make the Cajun Garlic Spread. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture on both sides of each slice of bread.
Next, prepare the Avocado Smash. Scoop out the flesh of the grilled avocados and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Smash and mix the ingredients with a small hand masher or fork until it is well combined, but still a bit chunky.
Turn the burners on the grill down to medium. Place your slices of sourdough on the grill and close the lid. Grill until crisp around the edges, then flip. Remove when the edges are slightly charred, but the center is still soft. Remove from the grill.
Bring a small pot of water to a simmer on the side burner of the grill. Turn the heat down and wait until it stops simmering before dropping your eggs. Stir the water with a slotted spoon to create a current going round the pot.
| You might also enjoy: Salmon & Avocado Eggs Benedict
Drop your eggs into the water one at a time, keeping the water moving. Poach the eggs for about 2 minutes. The thick whites should be set, but the yolk should be runny. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon.
| You might also enjoy: Southwest Chicken Avocado BLT
To assemble the Grilled Avocado Toast, spread about one avocado worth of the Avocado Smash on each slice of the sourdough. Top with crumbled feta cheese and thin sliced red onion. Slice your roasted tomatoes in half and place two halves on each toast. Cover with baby arugula. Top with the poached eggs, a small spoonful of Kozlik’s Triple Crunch pickled mustard seeds and Hoff & Pepper Wake Up Call Hot Sauce.
Slice the yolk to spill over the toast and dress the greens. Enjoy!
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners, Stainless SteelAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Trail Dust All Purpose RubAs low as
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Shun Premier Grey Chef's 8"$199.95