Carne Asada with Chimichurri
- By Tom Jackson
- Feb 13, 2015
Carne Asada is a classic dish that cooks quickly. Serve with a scratch made Chimichurri sauce that gives you a great rich flavor.
Carne Asada with Chimichurri Recipe
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
- 4 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup high quality EVOO
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 skirt or flank steak
- Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Bath
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada
Place all the Chimichurri sauce ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Submerge steak in Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles bath. Let sit one hour for every pound of meat. Preheat cooker to 475°F. Grill about 2 to 3 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 125°F. Let rest ten minutes. Slice thin. Serve with hatch chimichurri sauce on the side.