Maple Glazed Ham
- By Tom Jackson
- Oct 18, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for Maple Glazed Ham! This super-simple recipe is sure to bring BIG flavor to your holiday gathering!
- 3 1/2 - 4 lb boneless sliced smoked ham
- 2-3 tbsp Kozlik’s amazing maple mustard
- Yoder Smokers Pork Rub
- 1-2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
Preheat your Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill to 300ºF, set up for smoking.
Place skewers down the center of the sliced ham to hold it together. Slather the ham with the 2-3 tbsp Kozlik’s amazing maple mustard. Season with Yoder Smokers Pork Rub. Transfer to lodge 10” cast iron skillet.
Add one large chunk of cherry wood to the bed of charcoal.
Place the cast iron skillet on the grill. Pour apple juice in the skillet to cover the bottom of the skillet.
Smoke for one hour.
| You might also enjoy: Smoked Fried Turkey
Meanwhile, combine maple glaze ingredients in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet. Bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low. Let reduce until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
After one hour of smoking, brush the ham with the maple glaze. Make sure the apple juice is still covering the bottom of the skillet, or the glaze will scorch on the cast iron. If not, add more juice.
| You might also enjoy: Old Fashioned Glazed Ham
Brush with the glaze every 20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 150ºF, about 1 hour 40 minutes to 2 hours total cook time. Remove from the skillet. Remove the skewers and serve slices with the juices in the skillet for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Kamado Joe Classic III 18" Ceramic Grill with Cart$1,999.00
- Yoder Smokers Pork Rub$10.99
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Lodge 10" Cast Iron Skillet$24.95
- Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet$17.95