Citrus Herb Crusted Pork Roast
- By Tom Jackson
- Nov 1, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Charcoal Ceramic Grill for Citrus Herb Crusted Pork Roast! This brined, boneless Boston Butt pork roast is packed full of bright citrus flavors and crusted in a garlic and herb paste that soaks up the smoke!
- Creekstone Farms Duroc Pork Boston Butt, deboned, butterflied
- 1 bottle Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath
- 1/2 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 gallon water
Citrus Herb Garlic Crust:
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
Combine the Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath concentrate with 1 gallon of water and 1/2 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt in an 8 quart Briner Bucket. Whisk well.
Place your deboned pork butt in the brine bath. Lock the plate in place to keep the pork submerged. Brine in the refrigerator overnight.
Set up your Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for indirect grilling/smoking. Build a hot bed of coals and stabilize the grill at 400ºF.
Remove the pork from the brine. Pat dry with paper towels.
Combine the ingredients for the Citrus Herb Garlic Crust in a food processor. Blitz until broken down into a paste.
Slather all surfaces of the pork with the paste. Fold the butterflied roast back together into its original form. Truss with kitchen twine, so the roast can hold its shape. Touch up the paste to make sure you have good coverage.
| You might also enjoy: Italian Roast Pork Shoulder
Before transferring the pork roast to the grill, first place a large chunk of smoking wood on the coal bed, to add smoke while roasting.
Place the roast on the cooking grates, set to their highest setting. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 180ºF, about 3.5 hours.
| You might also enjoy: Savory Smoked Pork Loin
Remove from the grill and rest, covered, at least one hour.
Remove the twine from the roast and slice to desired thickness.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Kamado Joe Classic III 18" Ceramic Grill with Cart$1,999.00
- Cattleman's Grill Lone Star Brisket RubAs low as
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series BlenderAs low as
- Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT®$199.95