Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- By Tom Jackson
- Mar 26, 2021
- Escali Primo P115 Precision Digital Kitchen Food ScaleAs low as
- Mrs. Anderson's Rolling Pin$13.00
Picture an entire pepperoni pizza rolled up like cinnamon rolls, topped with buttermilk ranch dressing and served with tomato dipping sauce. We call it Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, and we bake it on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill!
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 batch pizza dough (recipe here)
- 1 batch ranch dressing (recipe below)
- 8 oz pepperoni, diced
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- 8 oz smoked low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 egg, whisked
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (28 oz) can Ciao Italian Style Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
For the ranch dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp green onion, green only, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
To make the tomato sauce, combine all ingredients in a Vitamix and blend until smooth. Transfer to a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet. Cook over low heat until reduced to desired consistency, about 10-15 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450°F, set up with the diffuser (or door) removed and second shelf in place.
Divide the pizza dough into two dough balls. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, covered in plastic wrap.
Using a rolling pin, roll a pizza dough ball out into a rectangle, roughly 10”x16” and 1/8” thick.
Spread about 1/3 cup buttermilk ranch dressing across the surface of the dough, leaving a 1” border on one long side of the rectangle. Drizzle Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce over the ranch, to taste.
Combine the pepper jack, smoked mozzarella and green onions in a bowl and mix well. Distribute half of the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough/ranch (save the other half of the cheese mixture for the other dough ball).
Roll the dough into a tight log, starting opposite the long side with the border. Roll all the way up to the border. Slice 1/2” off each end and discard. Cut the log into 6 equal sized rolls. Stand the rolls upright and pull the end of the dough where the border was and place underneath the roll to hold the fillings in from the bottom.
Repeat the assembly process with the other half of the ingredients.
You might also enjoy: Jalapeño Popper Pizza
Transfer the rolls to a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet, greased with Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat (or other fat/oil). Space the rolls out evenly. Brush the rolls with the whisked egg.
Place the skillet on the far right side of the second shelf of the grill (next to the stack, opposite the fire box). Bake until browned on the surface and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Remove from the grill and serve the Pepperoni Pizza Rolls with the tomato sauce and extra ranch dressing, for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill Italiano SeasoningAs low as
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- Shun Kanso 8" Chef's Knife$129.95
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Chef Works Memphis Bib Apron$39.99
- Hestan Cue Smart Countertop Induction Burner Cooktop$299.00