Philly Cheesesteak Queso
- By Tom Jackson
- Sep 9, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon P500 Gas Grill for Philly Cheesesteak Queso! Welcome to your new favorite party food!
- 1 Creekstone Farms Boneless Prime Ribeye Steak
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub, finely ground
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 lb white American cheese, diced
- 12 oz smoked provolone, diced
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, fine grated on microplane
- 4-5 Hoagie rolls
- Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
Fire up the Napoleon P500 Gas Grill with a Napoleon Cast Iron Griddle on one half of the grill. Preheat the griddle side of the grill over high heat. Leave the burners off on the other side of the grill.
Slice the hoagies into rounds and spread in out in one layer on a sheet pan. Spray with duck fat. Season with fine ground Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub.
Place the sheet pan on the indirect side of grill and cook until browned on bottom, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the steak with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub, finely ground. Cook the steak on the griddle, searing both sides. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 120ºF. Rest the steak for a few minutes, then dice.
Spray the griddle with duck fat. Cook the peppers and onions on the griddle. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub, finely ground. Cook until softened and browned. Remove.
| You might also enjoy: Brisket Nachos with Smoked Queso
On the side burner, place a Finex 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Add the half and half, garlic, Worcestershire and Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce. Bring to a simmer.
Whisk in American cheese a handful at a time until all is incorporated. Whisk in provolone until all is incorporated. Remove from the heat.
| You might also enjoy: Pork Belly Cheesesteak
Cook the diced steak on the griddle briefly, just to warm through and crisp the edges, less than 5 minutes.
Top the queso with the peppers, onions and steak. Serve with toasted hoagie slices for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners, Stainless SteelAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Lone Star Brisket RubAs low as
- Finex 12" Cast Iron Skillet Lid$125.00
- ATBBQ Pan & Jerky Rack$19.99