Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
- By Tom Jackson
- Jun 3, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap featuring a scratch-made Caesar dressing that'll ruin store-bought dressing for you forever!
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- Caesar dressing (recipe below)
- Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- Romaine lettuce, halved length-wise, grilled
- 6 slices Tomato
- 6 slices Provolone
- Crouton crumb (recipe below)
- 4 large Spinach wraps
For the Caesar Dressing:
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 oil-packed anchovy filets, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste (4 cloves grated on microplane)
- 1 tsp Kozlik’s Dijon Classique
- 1 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, fresh ground, to taste
For the Crumb Crouton:
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning, fine ground
Preheat your grill to 500ºF set up for direct grilling.
Combine the egg yolk, minced anchovy, garlic paste and Kozlik’s Dijon Classique in a medium sized bowl. Whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly drizzle in the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. As you work in more of the oil you can add the oil quicker until all oil is incorporated. You should have a thick consistency when all oil is added. Next, whisk in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce and finally the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with fresh cracked Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns.
Place half of the dressing in a container in the refrigerator. Combine the other half in the same bowl with your chicken tenderloins. Toss to coat the chicken. Cover. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Quickly grill the romaine cut side down to get grill marks. Don’t totally wilt the lettuce. Remove from the grill and transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Dice the romaine.
To make the bread crumb crouton, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Remove the chicken tenderloins from the caesar marinade. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Grill tenderloins until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF, turning to get nice grill marks on both sides. Remove from the grill and dice the chicken.
| You might also enjoy: Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad
Place your romaine in a bowl. Dress with the Caesar dressing. Start with less than you think you’ll need, and add more to taste.
Quickly grill the spinach wraps just long enough to make it pliable and soft, then remove.
| You might also enjoy: Bacon & Asparagus Pasta Salad
Lay down a slice or two of provolone cheese in the center of the wrap. Lay a couple of slices of tomato on the provolone. Place your dressed caesar salad on top. Cover with diced chicken. Sprinkle more parmesan over the chicken, and then the crouton crumble over everything. Roll the wrap up like a burrito. Chill for later or serve immediately.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Italiano SeasoningAs low as
- Kozlik's Dijon Classique$8.99
- Shun Premier Grey Chef's 8"$199.95
- CrushGrind Copenhagen Spice Grinder$99.99