- By Tom Jackson
- Oct 22, 2021
Chef Tom utilizes leftover brisket, smoked turkey and sausage for a Barbecue Lasagna, cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill.
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 oz leftover brisket, chopped
- 12 oz leftover smoked sausage, chopped
- 12 oz leftover smoked turkey, chopped
- 12 oz oven ready lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 lb (4 cups) ricotta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold
- 12 slices low-moisture mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone
- Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, fine grated
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
Combine the ricotta, eggs and 2 tbsp Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
Spray a half sized foil pan with pan spray, then spread a thin layer of Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce. Lay out sheets of oven ready lasagna to cover the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mix over the pasta. Top with one of the 3 barbecue meats. Drizzle Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads Savory BBQ Sauce over the meat, then top with 6 slices of cheese.
Repeat this process two more times, with the remaining meats, alternating sliced cheeses.
After the final layer of meat and cheese, top with pasta once more. Spread the final 1/4 of ricotta on top of the pasta. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Top with the Pecorino Romano cheese. Cover with a foil lid.
You might also enjoy: Armadillo Eggs
Transfer the pan to the grill. Cook covered for 45 minutes.
Remove the foil. Continue cooking until the top is browned and internal temperature reaches 165ºF, about 1 more hour.
Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00