Chef Britt satisfies a craving with Smoked Bacon & Corn Crab Dip, and keeps it summery with fresh-grilled corn and jalapenos!
Smoked Bacon & Corn Crab Dip
Feeds 6-8 people as an appetizer
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz crab meat (claw, lump, or both)
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 2-3 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, and diced
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 3 cobs corn
- Chili Dawg’s Jalapeno Seasoning, as needed
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- First, prepare the grill. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s pellet grill to 400°F, set up without the diffuser plate and Grill Grates over the firebox (bottom, left-hand side) for direct grilling.
- Next, clean the corn and prepare it for the grill. Over a large bowl (where you will do the remainder of your mixing) slather mayonnaise on the outside of each cob of corn. Follow up with Chili Dawg’s Jalapeno Seasoning, coating. The bowl is there to catch any seasoning that doesn’t adhere to the corn cob.
- Grill the corn over direct heat, until char marks are present. Meanwhile, prepare your remaining ingredients.
- Once the corn has finished, cool it slightly and remove kernels by slicing length-wise down the sides of the cob. On your Yoder Smokers YS640s pellet grill, return the diffuser plate and lower the temperature between 200-250°F for indirect smoking.
- In your mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise until smooth and easily spreadable. Add your remaining ingredients: chopped cooked bacon, scallion, crab meat, diced jalapeno, and one squeeze of lemon. Give it a taste and add any extra seasoning if needed.
- Place the crab dip mixture into a 10-inch Lodge Cast Iron Skillet and heat for an hour or two until dip is hot for serving.
- Serve while warm with baguette slices or pork rinds.