Just in time for tailgate season comes this Smoked Dill Pickle Dip. Cream cheese is smoked on the Yoder Smokers YS640s then blended with sour cream, fried panko, dill and chopped pickles for this irresistible side dish. Serve it up with a dill potato chip and it will be the hit of your next summer party.
Smoked Dill Pickle Dip
Grab the chips! Chef Tom whips up a party-worthy Smoked Dill Pickle Dip. It’s creamy, smoky and briny, flecked with fresh dill and chopped pickles, and 100 percent delicious.
- 8 oz smoked cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup KC Canning Co. Cucumber Dilly Pickles, minced
2 tbsp KC Canning Co. Cucumber Dilly Pickle juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 cup panko
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Potato chips, pork rinds, veggies, etc., for dipping
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS480s Pellet Grill to 250ºF, set up for smoking.
- Fill an AMAZE-N Tube Smoker with hickory pellets. Place on the bottom grate on the left side of the grill. Light with a torch. Let flame burn for about 30 seconds before blowing it out.
- Place the block of cream cheese on a FrogMat and place on the second shelf of the grill, near the smoke stack.
- Smoke the cream cheese for 1 hour. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Heat the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Lodge 8” Steel Skillet, over medium heat. When the oil is hot add Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning and panko. Cook gently, stirring frequently until toasted. Add the fried panko to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
Combine the smoked cream cheese, sour cream, KC Canning Co. Cucumber Dilly Pickles, chopped dill, and pickle juice in a medium sized bowl.
- Serve with chips, pork rinds and/or veggies for dipping.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
The Versatility of Smoked Cream Cheese
The next time you plan to smoke cream cheese for a recipe, throw in an extra brick or two. We’ve done several recipes with smoked cream cheese because it’s extremely versatile. See for yourself:
Add smoked cream cheese to a cheese platter or charcuterie board. Experiment with seasonings to create different flavor profiles and pair it with crackers, pickles, cured meats and fresh vegetables. For inspiration, check out Smoked Cream Cheese Four Ways.
Use the smoked cream cheese as the base for a creamy and smoky dip. Because it will take on both smoke and seasoning, it’s a flexible starting point. Along with the Smoked Dill Pickle Dip, try our Grilled Corn Dip for a fresh and summery snack, or the Smoked Trout Dip for something complex and savory.
Use it on pizza or flatbreads. In our Wood-Fired Chicken Chimichurri Pizza, the chimichurri sauce is mixed with smoked cream cheese and spread on the crust as the base. The smoky creaminess of the smoked cream cheese balances the herbal and briny chimichurri perfectly. In our Garden Fresh Grilled Flatbread, cream cheese is coated in Italian seasonings and smoked, then mixed with fresh herbs and garlic to make a creamy and savory base.
Enjoy these recipes and let us know if you come up with any of your own.
- Serving Size
- 2 oz
- per serving
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 1317 milligrams
- 1.6 grams
- .2 grams
- .2 grams
- 2.2 grams