Grilled Chicken Salad Croissant
Enjoy the taste of summer early with our Grilled Chicken Salad: a creamy, crunchy and refreshing delight. This salad brings together grilled chicken, peanuts, grapes, avocado and so many more delicious ingredients, all on a lightly-toasted croissant. Try it today for an incredible summer meal!
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup peanuts, salted, crushed
- 2-3 green onions
- 1/4 cup clover sprouts
- 1/4 cup Imy’s Sweet, Garlic, Dill Pickled, diced
4 tsp Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard Seeds
4 tsp Colonial Chile Crunch
- 6 croissants
- 3 cups chicken salad
- 3 avocados, sliced
For the Sandwich
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate grilling panels installed over the fire box.
- Spray your work surface with cooking oil/duck fat. Place the chicken breast on top. Spray the chicken breasts with oil, as well. Cover with a gallon zip-top bag. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the thick side of the breasts until it is even in thickness.
- Season the chicken breasts with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Slice the green onions in half, separating the white/light green parts from the dark green parts. Mince the dark green parts. Take the white/light green parts to the grill and grill until lightly charred and softened. Remove from the grill and cool.
- Spray the GrillGrates with cooking oil/duck fat. Transfer the chicken breasts to the GrillGrates. Grill until nicely browned, then flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF. Remove from the grill.
- Let the chicken cool, then dice into small pieces.
- Slice your croissants in half, sandwich style. Quickly grill the cut sides to toast the croissant.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grilled chicken, mayonnaise, grapes, peanuts, green onions (raw and grilled), sprouts, Imy’s Sweet, Garlic, Dill Pickled, Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard Seeds and Colonial Chile Crunch. Mix well. Taste and season, as needed.
- To make the grilled chicken salad croissant sandwich, layer the sliced avocado on the bottom with arugula on top, then a good scoop of the grilled chicken salad and the top of the croissant.
- Serving Size
- 1 Sandwich
- per serving
- 58 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 17 grams
- 185 milligrams
- 856 milligrams
- 50 grams
- 10.3 grams
- 12.7 grams
- 55 grams