Everything Bagel & Brisket Strata
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for an Everything Bagel & Brisket Strata! It's savory bread pudding meets frittata and it's 110% delicious!
- 8 cups (10 oz) day old everything bagels, torn into pieces
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 each (about 2 cups sliced) yellow onion, sliced 1/4”
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Salt
Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 10 eggs
1 cup (8 oz) smoked cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups milk
1 tbsp Hoff Haus Hot Sauce
1 tbsp Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- 8 oz smoked brisket, diced/chopped
- Leave torn bagel pieces out overnight covered with a towel.
- Melt butter in Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Add onions. Pinch of smoked salt. Cook over medium heat until beginning to caramelize. Turn off the heat. Add about one tablespoon Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel Seasoning and the chopped spinach. Let the residual heat from the cast iron toast the seasoning and wilt the spinach. Remove from the skillet and mix in the capers.
Combine the eggs and room temperature cream cheese in a stand mixer. Whisk over medium high speed until the cream cheese is broken down and the mixture is mostly smooth. Combine the milk, Hoff Haus Hot Sauce and Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard in a pitcher. With the mixer running, slowly pour the milk mixture into the bowl. Mix until well combined, about 30-60 seconds.
Place the day-old everything bagel pieces in the skillet that the onions were cooked in. Distribute the cheese and onion/spinach mixture evenly over the bagel pieces. Pour the custard mixture over everything. Cover with a lid and let soak in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- Take the lid off of the skillet. Transfer the strata to the second shelf of the grill. Bake until the filling is set in the center, about 45-55 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 8.69 oz
- per serving
- 14.4 grams
- 19.7 grams
- 27 grams
- 498 milligrams