Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding makes for a decadent holiday dessert. This recipe combines sweet cinnamon rolls and creamy custard that will wow the crowd at your next family gathering. Chef Tom bakes it on the Yoder Smokers YS640s and then slathers it with an orange frosting for a Christmas dish that is packed with flavor.
- 8 cups (1 1/2 lb) cinnamon rolls, cubed
- 1 quart half and half
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 2 tbsp candied ginger, minced
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4-6 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
For the Orange Icing
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 350ºF.
- Place the cubed cinnamon rolls on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place on the second shelf of the grill and bake until the donut pieces are dried out and crispy on the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and cool.
- Combine the half and half, eggs, egg yolks, maple syrup, kosher salt, orange extract and orange zest in a pitcher and blend using an immersion blender.
- Place the toasted cinnamon rolls, candied pecans and candied ginger in a large bowl. Add the custard and toss gently to mix. Let sit 10 minutes. Toss again. Let sit 5 minutes more.
- Spread the 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Transfer the cinnamon roll mixture and custard to the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the second shelf of the grill. Bake the cinnamon roll bread pudding until browned and bubbling around the edge and puffed up, about 45-55 minutes.
- While the bread pudding bakes, combine all ingredients for the orange icing in a bowl and whisk well until smooth.
- Serve the cinnamon roll bread pudding drizzled with the orange icing.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 29 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7.8 grams
- 145 milligrams
- 284 milligrams
- 54 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 40 grams
- 8.7 grams