Donut Bread Pudding
Is it breakfast? Is it dessert? Doesn't matter, it's delicious! Check out Chef Tom's Donut Bread Pudding cooked on the grill!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 350ºF.
- Place the donut pieces on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place on the second shelf of the grill and bake until the donut pieces are dried out and crispy on the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and cool.
- Combine the half-and-half, eggs, egg yolks, maple syrup and Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt in a large bowl. Whisk the custard well to incorporate.
- Add the donuts, cranberries, pecans and orange zest to the custard. Toss gently to mix. Let sit 10 minutes. Toss again. Let sit 5 minutes more.
- Spread the 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter in a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet. Transfer the donut mixture and custard to the skillet.
Dollop spoonfuls of the Chili Dawg’s Razbanero Pepper Spread over the top of the bread pudding. Transfer to the second shelf of the grill.
- Bake the donut bread pudding until browned and bubbling around the edge and puffed up, about 45-55 minutes.
You might also enjoy: Smoked Chocolate Ganache Truffles
- Serving Size
- 8.26 oz
- per serving
- 30 grams
- 7 grams
- 25 grams
- 314 milligrams