Chef Tom brings the holiday sweets & treats with these cold smoked Chocolate Ganache Truffles, featuring a choose-your-own-adventure finish!
Smoked Chocolate Ganache Truffles
Taste the sensation of the Chef Tom Chocolate Ganache Truffles, cold smoked to perfection. Try this recipe for an exquisite treat and create a unique, unforgettable experience.
- 10 oz dark and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz (2 tbsp) butter
- Semi-sweet and/or dark chocolate chips, melted
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Infused Salt
- Mini marshmallows
- Crushed graham crackers
- Crushed honey roasted peanuts
Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Steak Seasoning
For the ganache:
Chipotle Coffee Crusted:
To cold smoke the chocolate chips:
- First turn on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill, but do not press “start.” This will allow the fans to push air through the grill without producing any heat.
- Fill an A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker with the smoking pellets of your choice. Place the tube smoker on the main cooking grate of the grill. Using a torch, ignite the pellets at the open end of the tube. When the pellets are well lit, blow out the flame. The pellets will burn back slowly and the smoke will be pushed through the grill by the fans.
- Place FrogMats on the second shelf of the grill. Spread out the chocolate chips on the FrogMats.
- Cold Smoke the chocolate for 2-3 hours. Remove the chocolate from the grill and transfer to storage containers for future use.
To make the ganache:
- Place the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl. Place the heavy cream in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Pour the liquid over the chocolate. Let sit a minute or two, then begin whisking. Whisk until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator to chill.
- When the ganache has chilled down and firmed up, portion out one tablespoon at a time and quickly roll between your gloved hands to form into balls. Place on parchment lined sheet pan. Transfer back to the refrigerator.
- Finish the truffles as desired, rolled in the desired coating, stuffed with marshmallows or dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with salt.
- Serving Size
- 0.61 oz
- per serving
- 8 grams
- 1 grams
- 6 grams
- 15 milligrams