If you're in the mood for a sweet treat, then Chef Tom has got you covered! Check out these Carrot Cake Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and candied pecans, all cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Treat yourself to a delectable sweet without ever having to heat up the oven! Chef Tom's Carrot Cake Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and candied pecans are the perfect savory-sweet addition to any outdoor gathering - all prepared right on your pellet grill!
- 3/4 cup neutral flavored oil (canola, avocado, grape seed)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 8 oz (2 cups) finely grated carrots
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12-15 pecan halves
1 tbsp Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp whiskey
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
For the carrot cake:
For the cream cheese frosting:
For the candied pecans:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 375ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- Combine the oil and sugars in the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix over medium high speed until well combined and smooth, about one minute.
- Lower the speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the whiskey.
- Lower the speed to low. Combine the flour, cinnamon, Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cardamom in a separate container. Slowly add the dry mix to the mixing bowl, as it mixes, until it is all incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Add the grated carrots and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into cupcake papers/molds (12-14 cupcakes). Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, maple syrup and whiskey in the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix over medium speed with the whisk attachment until well combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar until fully incorporated and smooth.
- To make the candied pecans, first toast the pecan halves in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, just until they become aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate container and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture over the pecans, in the skillet. Cook until syrupy. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan to cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting, and top each with a candied pecan.
- Serving Size
- 5.31 oz
- per serving
- 64 grams
- 5.4 grams
- 32 grams
- 457 milligrams