Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for an EASY holiday dessert. This is Easy Pumpkin Pie Cobbler with Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cobbler with Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce
Chef Tom's Easy Pumpkin Pie Cobbler recipe is a must-have for any holiday gathering! Made with a rich pumpkin base and topped with homemade bourbon butterscotch sauce, this delicious dessert is sure to please. Perfect for busy bakers, it's a hassle-free, foolproof way to end any meal.
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp bourbon
Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 375ºF. Combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, eggs and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Transfer to a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet.
- Combine the cake mix, candied pecans, brown sugar, Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix until well combined. Crumble the mixture over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 375ºF for about one hour, until the top and edge just begins to brown.
- While the cobbler bakes make the Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt to a simmer in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet, whisking to dissolve sugar. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes until syrupy and slightly reduced. Remove from the heat. Carefully whisk in the cream and bourbon and until smooth. Add the butter and whisk to melt. Return to the heat and bring back to a simmer. Hold warm.
- While the finished Pumpkin Pie Cobbler is still warm, pour the bourbon butterscotch sauce over the top to cover the surface. Serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 7.99 oz
- per serving
- 80 grams
- 6 grams
- 30 grams
- 447 milligrams