Bananas Foster Créme Brûlée
Bananas Foster Crème Brûlée combines two delicious desserts into one amazing recipe. Chef Tom bakes this tasty treat on the Yoder Smokers YS640s and finishes it off with that classic brûlée topping to create a decadent crust on top of a creamy custard.
- ~7 bananas, divided, 1 each for garnish, 4 cups diced for the filling
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar, plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 10 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) white sugar
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 325ºF, set up for indirect grilling/smoking.
- Dice 4 cups of bananas. Save the rest for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet over medium high heat. Add the diced bananas and three tablespoons of Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar and cinnamon. Cook until lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the rum (off the heat). Cook for one minute.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas to a pot with the cream and vanilla bean paste. Heat until almost simmering, with bubbles beginning to form around the outside. Remove from the heat.
- Let stand while you separate your eggs. Combine the yolks and white sugar in a medium sized bowl until lightened in color and smooth.
- Strain the liquid from the bananas and discard the bananas.
- Slowly pour the warm banana infused cream into the yolk/sugar mixture, whisking constantly. Continue until all cream is incorporated.
- Place 6 ramekins on a sheet pan. Pour the custard into the ramekins.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the second shelf of the grill. Pour hot water into the pan until is comes at least 1/2 way up the outside of the ramekins.
- Bake until the custard reaches an internal temperature of 165º-170ºF. It will not quite be fully set; still slightly liquid, but with a jiggle. About 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Chill creme brûlée at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, slice your last banana into coins and place a round on top of each ramekin of custard.
- Sprinkle two to three teaspoons Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar on top of each ramekin of custard and the banana slice on top. Using a torch, caramelize the sugar. Move the torch constantly and do not get the flame too close to the sugar, in order to the keep from scorching. Serve immediately.
You might also enjoy: Banana Pudding & Chocolate Custard Pie with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- Serving Size
- 10.61 oz
- per serving
- 40.4 grams
- 8 grams
- 71.8 grams
- 74 milligrams