Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Chef Tom brings together two of our favorite indulgences with these ground brisket Cheeseburger Egg Rolls, cooked on the Napoleon Prestige 500 gas grill.
- 2 lb ground brisket
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, thin sliced
1/2 cup Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Dill Pickles
1/2 cup Holmes Made Smoky Cowboy Mustard
- 18-20 egg roll wrappers
- 18-20 slices yellow American cheese
- 1-2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
1 tsp Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Dill Pickles pickle juice
- Preheat a Napoleon Reversible Cast Iron Griddle on the Napoleon Prestige P500RSIB-3 Gas Grill over high heat.
- When the griddle is hot, brown your ground brisket on the griddle, seasoning with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning. Cook, moving and flipping the meat with a spatula, until the meat is cooked through and browned on the surface. Remove the ground brisket from the griddle with a spatula, leaving the extra fat/grease behind on the griddle.
- Strain the ground brisket, and add the excess fat to the griddle.
- Cook the sliced onions on the griddle, tossing them in the brisket fat and seasoning with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning. Turn them occasionally with the spatula to cook evenly. If the onions begin to scorch, turn the heat down to medium or low. Cook until the onions are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the onions from the griddle and combine with the cooked brisket in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the diced Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Dill Pickles and Holmes Made Smoky Cowboy Mustard to the beef and onion mixture. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To assemble the egg rolls, lay out a sheet of egg roll wrap positioned with the points of the wrap pointed at you and away from you, like a diamond. Place a slice of cheese on the egg roll wrap on the side closest to you, with the cheese at a 90° angle to the wrap.
- Place 1/4 cup of the burger filling on the cheese. Form into a cylinder shape over the cheese. Fold the tip of the egg roll wrap closest to you over the filling, and begin to roll.
- Wet the surface of the egg roll wrap and fold the sides over the cylinder to enclose the filling. Finish rolling into an egg roll shape.
- Repeat with remaining filling/wraps.
Preheat 1 quart vegetable oil in a 4 quart dutch oven on the infrared side burner of the grill. Stabilize at 350°F-400°F.
- Fry the egg rolls in batches. Do not overcrowd the dutch oven. The egg rolls are done when they are golden brown in color, about 2 minutes cook time.
- To make the secret sauce, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the Cheeseburger Egg Rolls with the secret sauce on the side for dipping.
You might also enjoy: Bacon Jam Smash Burger
- Serving Size
- 4.4 oz
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 15 grams
- 10 grams
- 284 milligrams