Smash Burger Tacos
The perfect recipe for your cheat day is this flavor-packed Smash Burger Taco. This wonderfully decadent dish combines two of our favorite foods. Brisket and chorizo blended patties are cooked in the Oklahoma Onion Smash Burger style, covered in cheese, wrapped in a tortilla, then topped with fresh ingredients. A must try!
- 12 small flour tortillas (street taco size)
- 1 lb pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 lb Creekstone ground beef pucks
- 8 oz Chorizo
Cattleman’s Grill Road House Beef Seasoning
- 2 each large yellow onions, sliced as thin as possible
1 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Salt
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded thin
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup tomato, small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned hatch chiles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce
For the pico de gallo
Green Chile crema
- Preheat one half of your Halo 4B Griddle over medium heat. Leave the burners off on the other half.
- Mix the chorizo and beef in a bowl. Portion the mixture into 2 oz balls. Refrigerate.
- Slice the onions very thin on a mandoline/vegetable slicer. Place in a bowl with one teaspoon of Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt. Massage the salt into the onions and let soak while you prep the remaining components. After about 30 minutes, squeeze the water out of onions, and discard the liquid.
- To make the Pico, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- To make the Crema, combine all ingredients in a pint sized mason jar. Insert an immersion blender, and blend until smooth.
- When you’re ready to cook your burgers, first spray the griddle with avocado spray. Place the 2 oz balls of chorizo/beef mixture on griddle, four at a time. Top the burger with the thin sliced onions. Smash the patty thin and wide. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Road House. Put a nice dark crust on the bottom of the patty, then flip.
- Sprinkle cheese on and around the edges of patty. Place a tortilla on top of cheese. Put a nice crust on the onions and cook until a cheese skirt is formed around the edges. Flip so that the tortilla is on bottom, and transfer to cool side of the grill. Cook until lightly toasted, then remove.
- Top each smash burger taco with slices of avocado, shredded lettuce, pico and crema. Serve with a lime wedge and drizzle of hot sauce.
- Serving Size
- 1 taco
- per serving
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 91 milligrams
- 978 milligrams
- 20 grams
- 1.7 grams
- 2.7 grams
- 28 grams