Oklahoma Onion Smash Burger
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for the mouth watering Oklahoma Onion Smash Burger, cooked on the griddle inside the grill.
- 1 1/2 lb ground brisket, divided into 8 (3 oz) balls
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 2 large onions, sliced as thin as possible
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 potato burger buns
Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard
Holme’s Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 500° F, with the Yoder Smokers cast iron griddle in place over the fire box, smooth side up.
- Place your thin sliced onions in a bowl with a shake of Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt and toss to coat. Let rest 20-30 minutes. Pull the onions out of the bowl and ring out the excess moisture, leaving the liquid behind in the bowl.
- Spread the bottom half of the potato buns with Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard.
- Place each ball of ground beef on the griddle, pressing out with your fingers, then smashing with a spatula, as thin as possible.
- Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning, then top with a handful of sliced onions. Press the onions into the beef with the spatula.
- As soon as the bottom is seared, flip the burger. Season again with the Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning and top with a slice of cheese.
Place the top of the potato bun on the cheese on one patty. Place the bottom of the potato bun on the top bun, to warm. Place pickles on top of a second patty. These two patties will stack on top of one another for a double cheeseburger.
- When the cheese is melted and the bottom of the patties are seared. Place the patty with the pickles on top of the bottom bun. Place the patty with the top bun on the pickle patty.
You might also enjoy: Smoked Texas Brisket Burger
- Serving Size
- 13.13 oz
- per serving
- 36 grams
- 43 grams
- 32 grams
- 1280 milligrams