The Taco Burger
Chef Tom is cooking up ground brisket and veggies on the Le Griddle for the Taco Burger, fully loaded with all the fixins!
- 1 lb ground brisket
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 2 tbsp chipotles in adobo, minced
2 tbsp beef tallow (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- 6 potato buns, split
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 cups butter lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
- Guacamole (recipe below)
Beef tallow, as needed
- 2 small avocados
2 tbsp Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Infused Sea Salt, to taste
For the guacamole:
- Preheat your Le Griddle over medium-low heat on one half and medium-high heat on the other.
- To make the guacamole, combine all ingredients in a zip top bag and mash by hand.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of beef tallow on the griddle over medium-low heat. When melted place the buns on the tallow to toast. When toasted flip and toast the outsides. Remove from the griddle.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of beef tallow on one half of the griddle. When melted add the onions and jalapeño. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning. Cook, stirring and tossing occasionally until slightly softened and slightly browned.
- While the veggies are cooking, place the ground beef on the other half of the griddle. Add the chipotles in adobo and season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning. Cook to brown then toss and stir. Add the pinto beans and mash the beans into the meat mixture with a potato masher.
- Combine the veggies and meat and mix well. Remove from the griddle.
- To build the taco burger, start by spreading the guacamole on the bottom bun. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. Place a heaping 1/3 cup scoop of the ground beef mixture on the lettuce and tomatoes. Top with the shredded cheddar and a spoonful of Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa. Place the top bun over the meat.
You might also enjoy: Quesadilla Burger
- Serving Size
- 12.62 oz
- per serving
- 65 grams
- 71 grams
- 85 grams
- 1968 milligrams