Discover the ultimate recipe for Smoky Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings with a Hot Honey Glaze. These grilled wings, seasoned to perfection and coated in a mouthwatering glaze, are a delightful blend of smokiness and sweetness. Elevate your wing game with this easy and irresistible recipe!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings with Hot Honey
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Unleash a burst of flavor with our Smoky Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings featuring a delectable Hot Honey Glaze. Grilled to perfection on the Yoder Smokers El Dorado, these wings are coated in Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned with the perfect blend of smoked lemon pepper. The Hot Honey Glaze, a symphony of Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey, Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce, and zesty lemon, adds an irresistible kick. With a charred exterior and an internal temperature of 175ºF-180ºF, these wings are a culinary masterpiece. Elevate your taste buds with this easy-to-follow recipe that promises a harmonious mix of smokiness, sweetness, and heat. Your next gathering deserves the extraordinary – serve up these grilled wonders and watch them disappear!
- Fill two chimneys full of lump charcoal and light. When hot, spread the coals in the bed of the Yoder Smokers El Dorado Santa Maria Style Grill. Add splits of hickory wood to the coal bed (4-6).
- First, make the hot honey glaze. Melt the butter in a 10” steel skillet. Add the Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey and Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce. Bring to a simmer and let reduce while you prepare the wings.
- Coat wings in Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with smoked lemon pepper.
- Add the lemon zest and juice to the hot honey glaze, then move the glaze away from the coals, so you can grill the wings.
- Place thew wings directly over the coals, lowering the grates as needed to achieve some char on the surface. Cook, turning to brown evenly, until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 175ºF-180ºF, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove the wings from grill. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour half of the glaze over the wings and toss to coat. Serve the remaining glaze on the side for dipping.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Alabama White Grilled Chicken Wings
Recipe Highlights and Insights:
5 reasons to why wings are such a great game day food
1. Finger-Food Convenience:
Wings are the ultimate finger food, allowing sports fans to enjoy the game without the need for utensils. Their bite-sized nature makes them easy to handle, promoting a casual and social atmosphere during game day gatherings.
2. Versatile Flavors:
Wings come in a variety of flavors, from classic buffalo to barbecue, teriyaki, and beyond. This versatility allows you to offer an array of taste experiences, catering to the diverse preferences of your fellow game day enthusiasts.
3. Shareable Platter:
Wings are typically served in large, shareable platters, making them perfect for communal snacking. The sharing aspect enhances the camaraderie among fans, fostering a sense of togetherness as everyone reaches for their favorite flavors.
4. Easy to Eat During Breaks:
Game day often involves intense moments, timeouts, and halftime breaks. Wings are convenient for snacking during these intervals, allowing fans to indulge in delicious bites without missing any crucial action.
5. Pairing with Game-Day Beverages:
Whether you prefer beer, soda, or other beverages, wings complement game-day drinks perfectly. The combination of savory, spicy, or sweet wing flavors with a cold beverage enhances the overall enjoyment of the game-watching experience.
In summary, wings are an ideal game day food due to their finger-food convenience, versatile flavors, shareable nature, ease of consumption during breaks, and their compatibility with game-day beverages. Including wings in your game day spread adds an extra layer of excitement and enjoyment to the sports-watching experience.
- Serving Size
- 1 wing
- per serving
- 18.8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9.5 grams
- 49 milligrams
- 140 milligrams
- 9.3 grams
- 2.3 grams
- 3 grams
- 5.4 grams