Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for some high heat grilled chicken wings tossed in homemade Alabama White Barbecue Sauce!
Alabama White Grilled Chicken Wings
This recipe is for Chef Tom's Alabama White Chicken Wings. You will learn how to grill these to perfection on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill. Smoky aroma covers your wings, then you toss in a homemade Alabama White Barbecue Sauce for an unforgettable taste!
- 5 lb chicken wings
Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of 1 lemon
Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, coarse ground
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
2 tsp Reida Farm Hot Pepper Infused Honey
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns
For the Alabama White Sauce:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450° F, set up for direct grilling (diffuser removed) and GrillGrate panels in place over the fire box.
- Drizzle Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a squeeze of lemon juice over the surface of the chicken. Season generously with Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, course ground and Kosher Sea Salt. Toss well to coat.
- Place the chicken wings on the GrillGrates, directly over the fire. Cook until slightly charred and crispy, then flip and cook the opposite side, moving wings around as needed to cook evenly. When the internal temperature of the wings reaches 175° F, remove from the grill.
- While the chicken cooks, make the Alabama White Sauce. Combine all ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Immediately after removing the chicken from the grill, dip and coat completely in the Alabama White Sauce. Serve hot.
- Serving Size
- 6.95 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 8 grams
- 28 grams
- 1343 milligrams