This simple pizza dough recipe is ideal for those just starting out, producing an incredibly soft and pliable crust. All you need are 4 basic ingredients for a home-cooked pizza that will beat delivery any day!
How to Make Pizza Dough
Learn how to make the perfect pizza dough with Chef Tom! In this easy to follow tutorial, you'll get the tips and techniques you need to craft your own delicious doughs with 4 ingredients: flour, water, salt and yeast.
- 325 g (1 cup 7 tbsp) warm water (110°F)
5 g (1 1/2 tsp) dry active yeast
500 g (3 1/4 cup) Antimo Caputo “00” Pizza Flour
10 g (1 tbsp) Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt
- Pour the warm water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the Antimo Caputo “00” Pizza Flour, then the Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt.
- With the mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix on medium-low (2nd gear on the KitchenAid Stand Mixer) until a ball is formed, about 1 minutes. Once all ingredients are incorporated and a ball is formed mix 8 minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each half into a ball, place in an oiled container. Cover. Refrigerate at least half an hour before use.
- On a floured work surface, stretch the dough thin.
- Serving Size
- 3 oz
- per serving
- 63.9 grams
- 8.9 grams
- 1 grams
- 649 milligrams
- 2.4 grams
- .2 grams