Barbecue Brisket Pizza
This Barbecue Brisket Pizza recipe will make any night, Pizza Night. A creamy BBQ Sauce base covers soft, hand rolled pizza dough and then topped with 4 kinds of cheese, caramelized onions and of course, brisket. With the YS1500s Wood Fired Oven, you can have this sweet and savory barbecue masterpiece any time you have leftover brisket (what's that?).
- 4 cups yellow onions, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp Plowboy’s BBQ Bovine Bold Beef Rub
- 1 each pizza dough recipe (yields 2 pizzas, click here for recipe)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1/4 cup Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
2 tbsp Chile Slinger Fatali Mustard Sauce
- 8 slices leftover brisket, cut into pieces
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar
- 8 oz low moisture mozzarella
Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce, for drizzling over the top
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS1500 Pellet Grill to 400ºF with the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven installed on the left side of the grill with the damper door pulled all the way open.
- Place your thin sliced onions in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet with the butter, avocado oil and Plowboy’s BBQ Bovine Bold Beef Rub. Place inside the wood fired oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned and softened. Remove from the oven.
- Turn the grill temperature up to 450ºF.
- To make the bbq cream cheese sauce, combine the room temperature cream cheese with the Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce and Chile Slinger Fatali Mustard Sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- To build the pizza, stretch one dough ball out thin. Place on a floured pizza peel. Spread half of your bbq cream cheese mix over the dough. Top with half of your mozzarella. Place pieces of sliced brisket around the pizza. Top with half of your sharp white cheddar, then the caramelized onions.
- Launch the pizza into the wood fired oven. Close the grill door. Let cook for two minutes. Open the door and spin the pizza a quarter turn. Continue making quarter turns every 45-60 seconds until evenly browned on the sides of the crust, as well as underneath. The cheese should be browned on top. Remove from the oven with your pizza peel.
- Repeat this process with the second dough ball.
- Finish the pizza with crumbled feta and more Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce.
The next time you’re looking for a way to use up leftovers, think pizza.
Along with putting together some creative and delicious meals, using up leftovers saves you money and saves on landfill space. Across the US, food accounts for about 24 percent of garbage in landfills or incinerators.
Don’t worry if you don’t have traditional pizza ingredients. Sliced bagels, tortillas, naan or any other flat bread can serve as the crust. Last night’s sauce or gravy can serve as the pizza sauce, as can barbecue sauce, Ranch dressing or even a drizzle of olive oil. Add leftover meat and vegetables, dress it up with sliced jalapenos, chopped pickles or other condiments in your frig, and pop it in the oven or on the grill.
You may discover yourself planning meals around the pizzas you can create from the leftovers.
- Serving Size
- 1 slice
- per serving
- 55 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 28 grams
- 171 milligrams
- 1277 milligrams
- 60 grams
- 3.6 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 42 grams