Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream
This Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream recipe is your ticket to a tropical paradise. This frozen delight is loaded up with grilled pineapple then coated in jerk seasoning. It's then blended with cream and topped with jalapeño honey. This fun and tasty party treat will not disappoint!
- Place a charcoal chimney in the burn grate of the Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Grill. Fill with lump charcoal. Light a fire starter underneath and let the coals get hot all the way to the top.
- Slice the top of a pineapple off. Using a spiral coring tool, remove the flesh of the pineapple. Remove the core from inside the shell of the pineapple. Slice the edible flesh of the pineapple into rounds.
- When the coals are hot to the top, dump the charcoal on the burn grate and spread into a single layer.
- Lightly season the pineapple with Plowboys BBQ The Jerk Seasoning.
- Grill the pineapple rounds directly over the charcoal to char slightly on both sides. Transfer the grilled pineapple to a blender.
- Add to the blender the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla paste. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks (in a Vitamix Frothing Pitcher, KitchenAid Stand Mixer or by hand in a bowl).
- Add about half of the whipped cream to the pineapple puree. Fold the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture. When all white streaks are gone, repeat with the other half of the whipped cream. Fold until all white streaks are gone.
- Pour the grilled pineapple ice cream mixture back into the pineapple. Cover with plastic. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the pineapple from the freezer 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve. Slice the pineapple into discs, then quarters. Serve drizzled with Reida Farm Red Pepper Honey.
- Serving Size
- 3 oz
- per serving
- 12.6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8.6 grams
- 46 milligrams
- 89 milligrams
- 64 grams
- 2.4 grams
- 57 grams
- 5.5 grams