Fire Roasted Salsa
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS480s Pellet Grill and shares his tips and techniques for making Fire Roasted Salsa!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS480s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up for direct grilling, with the diffuser door removed.
- Place the peppers on the grate, directly over the flame. Arrange the remaining ingredients around the peppers. Place the garlic cloves on a Frogmat, and place the Frogmat on the right side of the grill, away from the direct flame.
- Grill the peppers, turning them to blacken on all sides. When the skin of the peppers is charred, remove and place in a container to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Move the tomatoes directly over the flame to get some char, then remove. Remove onions and garlic when slightly softened.
- Peel the skin from the peppers. Remove the seeds and stem.
Place all grilled ingredients in the blender, along with the lime juice, Colonial Chile Infused Oil and Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star and blend until smooth. Taste and season with Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Sea Salt, to taste.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 2 grams
- 0 milligrams
- 137 milligrams
- 10 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 6 grams
- 2.3 grams