Smoky Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce
Chef Tom gets spooky with this Smoky Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce roasted on the Yoder Smokers Flat-top Charcoal Grill. Add a fiery kick to your Halloween!
- Fill a charcoal chimney starter with lump charcoal and light a fire starter cube underneath. When the charcoal is red-hot to the top of the chimney, dump into the Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Flat Top Grill. Slide the grate in place over the hot charcoal.
- Place your bell peppers, ghost peppers and shallots directly over the hot charcoal and close the lid.
- Toast the ghost peppers just until lightly charred and softened. It will only take a few minutes total.
- Cook the shallots until lightly charred on all sides and slightly softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Completely char the bell peppers on all sides. Remove from the grill and transfer to a plastic zip top bag. Allow the peppers to steam in the bag for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove the stems from the ghost peppers and shallots, then give them a rough chop.
- Remove the bell peppers from the bag and peel the blackened skins from the surface. Discard the skins and seeds. Rough chop the flesh of the peppers.
- Combine all ingredients in the pitcher of the Vitamix Blender. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Pour the Smoky Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
You might also enjoy: Nashville Hot Chicken
- Serving Size
- 1.15 oz
- per serving
- 3 grams
- 0 grams
- 1 grams
- 92 milligrams