Chef Britt shows you how to make Curry Cauliflower Soup the ATBBQ way! Elevated with char, smoke, and amazing curry flavors!
Cauliflower has proved to be one of the most versatile vegetables in the past several years. With its somewhat neutral flavor and nutrient-dense makeup, people looking for healthier eating habits usually start here. As part of the Cruciferous family, you would expect it to have a more pronounced cabbage-like flavor, but it’s much more mild, making it the perfect backdrop for a spiced-up and healthy curry soup.
Vitamix Curry Cauliflower Soup
Try this unique and delicious recipe for Curry Cauliflower Soup by Chef Britt! Enjoy the elevated taste of char, smoke, and curry spices blended perfectly into an unforgettable soup.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cobs of corn
2 Tablespoons Clark and Hopkins Kerala Pepper Sauce
2-3 Tablespoons Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup half & half
Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Preheat your grill or smoker to 400°F.
- Clean the cauliflower and trim any excess greenery from the head of cauliflower.
- Season the cauliflower and the cobs of corn with Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of Entube Indian Curry Chile Paste from Jacobsen Salt over the entire surface of the cauliflower head.
- Cut the cauliflower in half, oil the cut side, and place corn and cauliflower on the top rack of your grill or smoker for indirect cooking.
- After 35 minutes, remove the corn and cauliflower.
- Remove kernels from the cobs and reserve 1/4 cup of kernels for garnish.
- Remove florets from one half of the cauliflower and trim them into bite-size pieces. Place the remaining cauliflower half and stem trimmings into blender with corn, half-and-half, chicken stock, and 2-3 tablespoons Entube Indian Curry Chile Paste from Jacobsen Salt.
- Blend soup with a high-powered blender for 6 minutes on the highest setting, or on the Vitamix hot soup program.
- Taste and finish with Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt, and more curry paste if preferred.
- To serve, place cauliflower florets into bowl and pour soup over the florets. Garnish with reserved corn kernels, fresh cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Serving Size
- 12.07 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 6 grams
- 14 grams
- 389 milligrams