Skillet Crown Meatloaf takes your mom's meatloaf and turns it up to 11. This smoke roasted meatloaf is wrapped in bacon and packs a ton of flavor.
Skillet Crown Meatloaf
This smoke-roasted meatloaf recipe, wrapped in bacon, is sure to tantalize your taste buds with its intensely flavorful and juicy texture! Wow your guests with this savory dish and tantalize their senses.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 oz dried oyster mushrooms
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 lb ground pork
- 9 oz chorizo
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup (plus more for brushing) Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup
- 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp capers
Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning
- 4 oz manchego cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, halved crosswise
Melt the butter in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Add the diced onions with a little salt. Cook slowly until browned. Set aside.
- Combine the beer and dried mushrooms in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the mushrooms have softened. Drain the liquid. Dice the mushrooms.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 375°F, set up for indirect grilling.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the caramelized onions and diced rehydrated mushrooms with the ground beef, pork, and chorizo, as well as the bread crumbs, Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup, queso fresco, egg, and capers. Season with a couple of tablespoons of Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning. Mix well by hand.
- Wipe out the Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet with a paper towel. Add the meatloaf mixture to the skillet. Form into a ring, following the contour of the skillet, and leaving a hole in the center. Place an oven safe, 4” bowl in the center of the meatloaf.
- Season the top of the meatloaf with Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning. Brush a thin layer of the Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup over the top. Spread the grated manchego cheese over the top of the meat. Drape your bacon slices over the top of the cheese. Place on the second shelf of the cooker still set to 375°F. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 60-75 minutes. Remove from the cooker. Remove the bowl in the center, when slightly cooled. Slice and serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 13.94 oz
- per serving
- 17 grams
- 80 grams
- 36 grams
- 1099 milligrams