Chef Tom cooks up a barbecue classic, the Moink Ball. This combination of Italian Beef meatballs and bacon is a standard snack at barbecue competitions around the country… but we’re going to go ahead and make our meatballs from scratch.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 12 slices bacon, halved
Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold Rub
1 cup Big Rick’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce
2 tbsp Holmes Made Raspberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s pellet grill to 375°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, garlic and Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning in a mixing bowl. Mix well by hand, working quickly so as not to warm the mixture, until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into roughly one ounce meatballs. Wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon and pin in place with a toothpick.
- Season the moink balls with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold Rub (NOT TOO MUCH! It will get overly salty with too much rub). Grill on the second shelf until the bacon is rendered and slightly crispy, about 30 minutes.
- While the moink balls cook, mix together the Big Rick’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce and Holmes Made Raspberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread and warm in a sauce pan. Not too hot, or the sauce may break.
- Remove the moink balls from the grill. Place in a bowl. Add the sauce and toss well to coat. Serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 11.63 oz
- per serving
- 49 grams
- 63 grams
- 50 grams
- 1870 milligrams