The beer can burger is back! This time the monster half pound beef burger is sharing the stage with chorizo. Stuffed full of beer braised onions and peppers, topped with manchego cheese and sitting atop fresh made guacamole, there’s no room for disappointment!
Chorizo Beer Can Burger
Experience a flavor explosion with Chorizo Beer Can Burger! Enjoy this colossal half-pound beef and chorizo patty stuffed with flavorful beer-braised onions and peppers, topped with delectable Manchego cheese and dressed with fresh guacamole. Dare to try something new and tantalize your taste buds like never before!
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (12 oz) Modelo (or other Mexican) beer
- 2 Anaheim pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup manchego cheese, grated
- 4 ciabatta buns
Holmes Made Marty’s Green Chile Salsa
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Heat a Lodge 12” cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and poblanos to the pan, along with the beer. Season with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning. Simmer until the onions and peppers are just softened (not too soft), about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 275°F. Mix together the beef, chorizo and cotija. Form the meat into (1/2 lb) balls. Press a beer can into the center of the ball and form a sort of bowl around the bottom of the can. Remove the can from the meat. Season the beef with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning and salt. Wrap side walls of the bowl with the slices of bacon.
- Add the fillings to the inside of the “bowl.” Top with the grated manchego.
- Smoke the burger until the internal temperature reaches 140°F, about 1 hour. Turn the temperature up to 500°F and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. While the burger smokes you can toast your ciabatta buns. Serve the burger dressed with the guacamole, Holmes Made Marty’s Green Chile Salsa and lettuce.
- Serving Size
- 17.71 oz
- per serving
- 25 grams
- 79 grams
- 95 grams
- 2119 milligrams