In this week's episode of Tips & Techniques Chef Tom takes us back to barbecue basics, once again, and teaches us how to make a sweet tomato based barbecue sauce from scratch.
How to Make Barbecue Sauce
Take your backyard BBQ to the next level as Chef Tom' show you how to make a sweet tomato BBQ sauce. This easy-to-follow recipe shares his secrets for creating an unbelievable homemade sauce sure to delight your taste buds.
1 (28 oz) can Ciao Italian Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
1/2 cup Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Grannie’s Jalapeño Mustard
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Salt
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- Combine all ingredients in the Vitamix Blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a Lodge 6 Quart Enamel Coated Dutch oven (or sauce pan).
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook slowly until thickened to desired consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 2.44 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 0.7 grams
- 0.2 grams
- 808 milligrams