Grilled Strip Steak with Compound Butter
Chef Tom takes us back to basics as he fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill and walks us through the process of preparing the perfect Grilled Strip Steak and how to make it even better with a delicious compound butter!
- Beef strip steaks
Colonial Chile Infused Oil
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (4 oz) stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
For the compound butter:
- To make the compound butter, combine the room temperature butter, minced garlic, Killer Hogs Hot Sauce, lemon zest, Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the compound butter mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap, roughly in the shape of a stick of butter. Roll the plastic around the butter, forming a log shape. Tighten the ends of the plastic and roll the butter into a tight log. Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate panels in place over the fire box.
- Pat the surfaces of the strip steaks dry with towels. Apply a thin layer of Colonial Chile Infused Oil to the surfaces of the steaks. Season with Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt and fresh ground black pepper on all sides.
- Place the steak over the direct flame, on the GrillGrate panels. Cook with the lid open until grill marks are seared into the meat, and the steak easily releases from the grates. Flip and repeat. Turn the steaks to form a crosshatch pattern on both sides. After you have nice color and grill marks, close the lid of the grill and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 120ºF in the center of each steak.
Place a pat of the compound butter on a plate. Place the steak on top of the butter. Place another pat of compound butter on top of each steak, letting the butter melt into the meat while the steak rests, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the Grilled Strip Steak with compound butter immediately after/while resting.
You might also enjoy: Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps
- Serving Size
- 5.44 oz
- per serving
- 1 grams
- 122 grams
- 75 grams
- 613 milligrams