Looking for a light & refreshing way to do dinner on the grill? Check out these Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps. One of our summertime favs!
Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
For a flavorful and healthy meal, try these Grilled Steak Lettuce Wraps! Perfect for grilling outdoors, this light yet satisfying recipe will leave you wanting more. Enjoy the fresh, exciting taste of summer!
Trim any silver skin from the flat iron steak. Place in a zip top bag with two cups of Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade & Injection. Marinate in the refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- Core the Boston Bibb lettuce, then begin peeling the leaves away, keeping them whole.
- Combine the crushed peanuts with some Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Seasoning (to taste). Shake or mix to coat.
- Remove the flat iron from the marinade. Remove excess liquid from the surface with a towel. Season all surfaces with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Seasoning.
Set up your Kamado Joe Classic II for high heat direct and indirect grilling, with the coals banked to one side and the grate set on the lower setting over the coals. Place the other grate on the opposite side in the upper position.
- Grill the steak over direct heat until nicely charred. Flip and repeat. Move to the indirect side of the grill, close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125°F-130°F. Remove from the grill and rest for 5 minutes.
Slice the steak thin, then dice into small pieces. Reserve any juices that gather on your cutting board. Combine the juices and diced steak in a bowl and toss until all the juice has soaked back into the steak. Add about 1/2 cup Kim’s Spicy Peanut Sauce to the steak, as well as the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- To build the wraps, fill the lettuce leaves with some steak. Top with the grated carrots, grated cucumber and cilantro leaves. Top it all off with a sprinkle of the crushed peanuts.
- Serving Size
- 8.67 oz
- per serving
- 23 grams
- 59 grams
- 60 grams
- 334 milligrams