Looking for a go-to weeknight meal to add to your rotation? Check out this recipe for Grilled Steak & Veggie Bowls that’ll have you eating delicious grilled food that you can feel good about in no time!
Grilled Steak & Veggie Bowls
Fuel up with a delicious, wholesome dinner with this Grilled Steak & Veggie Bowls recipe! Enjoy a healthy, flavorful meal that’s easy to make and full of nutrition. Serve up great-tasting grilled steak and veggies with a few simple ingredients and minimal effort – perfect for a weekday dinner!
- 1 T-bone steak
Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 1 large portobello mushroom
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, spiral cut
Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-Aki Sauce
Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce, optional
- Soy sauce, optional
Place the steak in a zip-top bag with about 1 cup Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your Napoleon Prestige 500 Gas Grill with Infrared Side Burner. Turn two of the four burners to high heat. Leave the other two off.
- Place the halved onion and whole portobello mushroom over the direct heat. Grill until you get nice grill marks and the mushroom is tender. The onion should be softened, but does not need to be cooked through. Remove the onion and mushroom from the grill. When they are cool enough to handle, slice both into 1/4” thick slices.
Remove the steak from the marinade. Wipe off excess marinade. Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Place the steak on the grill grates over direct heat.
Place a Lodge 5 Quart Dutch Oven on the infrared side burner and preheat over high heat.
- When the steak has nice grill marks, flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 130°F. If the steak is getting too much char/color, move it to the indirect side of the grill to finish cooking. Remove from the grill. Cover with foil to rest.
When the dutch oven is smoking hot, add the vegetable oil. Immediately add the onions and cook until translucent and softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute, stirring. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and green onions, as well as a few tablespoons of Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini just starts to soften. Immediately remove the dutch oven from the side burner.
Add the Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-Aki Sauce a few tablespoons at a time, tasting until you like the amount of sauce.
- Cut the steak meat off of the bone. Slice or dice.
- Divide the Grilled Steak & Veggies into two separate bowls to serve.
- Serving Size
- 11.82 oz
- per serving
- 20.2 grams
- 127.9 grams
- 54.7 grams
- 3169 milligrams