Pork tenderloin is a fantastic cut of pork that is really easy to prepare. It is a lean, tender piece of meat, so you'll want to be sure not to overcook it, but with a trusty digital thermometer, like the Maverick PT-75 instant read thermometer, you won't have any problem hitting the mark.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Bourbon Gastrique
Impress your dinner guests and learn the culinary mastery of Chef Tom! His Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Bourbon Gastrique is a delectable blend of sweet and savory, sure to have everyone's mouths watering.
- 2 (1.5 lb) pork tenderloins
Sweetwater Spice Smoked Apple Spice Butt & Rib Bath Brine
- Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub
- 1 lb frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp bourbon
For the gastrique:
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from the tenderloins. Place in a small Briner Bucket, or large zip top bag. Mix the Sweetwater Spice Smoked Apple Spice Butt & Rib Bath Brine with water, following the directions on the bottle. Add the liquid to the Briner Bucket. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to high heat (500°F+), set up with GrillGrates. Remove the tenderloins from the liquid. Remove excess liquid from the surface with paper towels. Season with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub. Grill on all sides to achieve grill marks. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Remove from the grill, cover loosely with foil and rest.
- Combine the ingredients for the gastrique in a Lodge Logic 12” cast iron skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until thickened. When you pull a spoon across the pan the sauce should slowly fill in behind it.
- Slice the pork tenderloins and serve with the cherry bourbon gastrique.
- Serving Size
- 8.18 oz
- per serving
- 25 grams
- 204 grams
- 56 grams
- 1785 milligrams