Easy Smoked Queso
Chef Tom walks us through how to make an Easy Smoked Queso, packed full of flavor with flame roasted hatch green chiles and chorizo!
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1 lb white American cheese, cubed 1”
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed 3/4”
- 2 cups half-and-half
1 cup 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chiles
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- Pickled jalapeño, for garnish
Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Minced cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 225ºF, set up for smoking. Fill an A-MAZE-N Tube Smokers with your choice of pellets. Place the smoke tube on the main cooking grate inside the grill. Light the pellets with a torch. Allow to burn for about 30 seconds. Blow out the flame and allow the pellets to burn back slowly, producing smoke.
- Preheat a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet over high heat on an induction burner. Add the chorizo and diced onion and cook until the liquid is gone, the chorizo begins to brown and the onions are translucent.
- Add to the skillet the American cheese, pepper jack cheese, half & half, 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chiles and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning. Stir gently to disperse the ingredients.
Transfer the skillet to the second shelf of the grill. Smoke the queso, stirring every 20 minutes, until all the cheese is melted and the internal temperature passes 165ºF, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Serve the Smoked Queso topped with sour cream, pickled jalapeños, minced cilantro and Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Sauce.
The A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker is a great tool for adding extra smoke to a dish. Just fill with your favorite pellets, light it up and let it slowly burn back while your food is cooking.
Sautéed onions & browned chorizo in the skillet, then it’s “everyone in the pool!”
Smoke away, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted!
You might also enjoy: Chorizo Breakfast Burrito
- Serving Size
- 4.91 oz
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 17 grams
- 30 grams
- 1175 milligrams