Candied Bacon or “Pig Candy”
It's spooky season, which means it's also candy season! That's why Chef Tom has fired up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a Candied Bacon or "Pig Candy" recipe that's way more treat than trick!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 275ºF, set up for smoking.
- Arrange the bacon on a rack over a foil lined sheet pan. The edges of the bacon may touch or slightly overlap.
- Brush the bacon with a thin layer of Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Cover the surface of the bacon generously with Noble Saltworks Smoked Maple Turbinado Sugar, then season with a light layer of Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub.
- Transfer the pan of bacon to the second shelf of the grill. Cook until the sugar is melted into the bacon and the bacon is slightly crispy, about one hour and thirty to one hour and forty-five minutes.
Remove from the grill. Using a spatula, transfer the bacon to wax paper or parchment paper with pan spray while the bacon is still hot. Let cool before eating.
You might also enjoy: Italian Roast Pork Shoulder
- Serving Size
- 6.08 oz
- per serving
- 55 grams
- 42 grams
- 47 grams
- 2980 milligrams