Buffalo Turkey Dip
If you're looking for a game-day recipe that also utilizes that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, then look no further! Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Classic III for Buffalo Turkey Dip.
- 2 cups leftover turkey
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp green onion, green only, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicharrones (pork rinds), finely crushed
- 1/2 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning
- 2 tbsp green onion, green onion, sliced
- 1 oz smoked blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Infused Sea Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For the dip:
For the Topping:
For the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- To make the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Build a hot coal bed in the fire box of your Kamado Joe Classic III Charcoal Ceramic Grill. Set up for indirect grilling, with the SloRoller in place, and stabilize the temperature at 425ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the dip, but be sure to reserve half of the green onions for garnish. Mix well. Transfer to a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Griddle. Spread evenly.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and mix well. Sprinkle over the dip, covering the entire surface evenly.
Transfer to the grill. Bake until the filling is bubbling, the top is browned and the internal temperature in the center of the dip surpasses 165ºF, about 45 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Garnish the Buffalo Turkey Dip with a drizzle of buttermilk ranch dressing, smoked blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions.
You might also enjoy: Armadillo Eggs
- Serving Size
- 7.05 oz
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 26 grams
- 27 grams
- 1851 milligrams