Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for some Barbecue Chicken Lollipops. Sweet & smoky with a secret ingredient to set it over the top!
Barbecue Chicken Lollipops
Tantalize your taste buds with this recipe for delicious BBQ chicken lollipops cooked to perfection on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill. With that signature sweet and smoky flavor, plus a secret ingredient to boost it even further, you'll be delighted with each and every bite.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
1 cup 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
- 3 quarts water
- Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub
1 (14 oz) bottle Firebug Grillin’ Sauce Mild
1/4 cup Jacobsen Entube Curry Paste
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp Reida Wildflower Honey
For the glaze:
- To prepare the chicken lollipops, lay the drumstick on its side. Slice off a sliver of the cartilage and meat at the fat end, to allow the drumstick to stand upright. Next, where the meat meets the bone, cut down through the meat and cartilage down to the bone, all the way around the bone. Push the meat down to the fat end, and pull the skin and cartilage up to the skinny end, and remove from the bone.
- Add 3 quarts water to the 8 quart Briner Bucket. Mix in the (1 cup 2 tbsp) Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine and whisk to dissolve. Place the chicken lollipops in brine. Lock the plate in place to submerge. Brine for one hour.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 325ºF.
- Remove the chicken from the Briner Bucket and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub.
- Stand the chicken lollipops upright on the second shelf of the grill.
- About 30 minutes into the cook, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan. Whisk together the Firebug Grillin’ Sauce Mild, Jacobsen Entube Curry Paste, pineapple juice and Reida Wildflower Honey. Transfer the saucepan to the grill to warm.
- When the chicken reaches 155ºF-160ºF in the meat near the bone (roughly 1 hour), one-by-one dip the chicken into the saucepan, coating the meat. Return to the second shelf.
- Let cook until the internal temperature reaches 170ºF. Remove from the grill and serve the Barbecue Chicken Lollipops warm.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 24 grams
- 15 grams
- 395 milligrams