Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker to give these brined-then-smoked Barbecue Chicken Wings a quick soak in the smoke before searing them over direct flame inside the fire box. Finished with a toss in barbecue sauce and served with garlic parm dipping sauce, these wings are perfect for your next game-day party!
Smoked Barbecue Chicken Wings
Tantalize your taste buds with Chef Tom's recipe for brined-then-smoked Barbecue Chicken Wings. Finished with a toss in barbecue sauce and served with garlic parmesan dipping sauce, these wings offer a unique and delicious flavor for your next party.
- 5 lb chicken wings
- 3 qt water or apple juice
1 cup + 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub
1 1/4 cups Blues Hog Smokey Mountain BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated on microplane
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp garlic, grated on microplane
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
For the wings:
For the Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- Combine the water (or apple juice) and Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine in a 4 quart Briner Bucket. Whisk to dissolve. Add chicken wings to the liquid. Submerge the chicken with the plastic plate and lock in place to keep the chicken submerged. Place in the refrigerator to brine for 1-2 hours.
- While the wings brine, make the dipping sauce by combining all ingredients and whisking together. Store in the refrigerator.
- Light a chimney of lump charcoal in the fire box of the Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker. When the charcoal is red to the top, dump in the back half of the fire box. Top the charcoal with a couple of splits of hickory wood.
- Stabilize the grill temperature around 250ºF-275ºF. Maintain this temperature by adds another split of wood to the coal bed every 30-45 minutes, or as needed.
- Remove wings from brine and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season with Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub. Grill until internal temperature reaches 155ºF, about 45-60 minutes. Remove from the grill and cover with foil.
- Spread out the coals and add more split wood. Install GrillGrate Grilling Panels in the fire box to cook directly over the wood fire.
- Grill the wings over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches 175ºF. Remove from the GrillGrates.
- Transfer the wings to a bowl while still hot. Toss with Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce immediately, to coat.
- Serve the BBQ Chicken Wings with the Garlic Parmesan Sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size
- 6.75 oz
- per serving
- 3.5 grams
- 26.2 grams
- 12.2 grams
- 271 milligrams