Honey Habanero Buffalo Wings
No game day is complete without chicken wings, so for the big game Chef Tom is turning up the heat with these reverse seared Honey Habanero Buffalo Wings, cooked over charcoal in the Yoder Smokers Adjustable Flat Top Charcoal Grill!
- 5 lb chicken wings
Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2/3 cups (1 bottle) Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 3 habaneros, sliced
1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Infused Salt, to taste
Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, fresh ground, to taste
For the Honey Habanero Buffalo Sauce:
Buttermilk Chipotle Ranch:
- Remove one grate from the Yoder Smokers Flat Top Adjustable Charcoal Grill. Light a chimney full of charcoal on the empty side of the grill.
- Coat the wings with a thin layer (about 1 tablespoon) of Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce and toss to coat. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- When the charcoal is red, dump out along the edge of the charcoal tray and spread out. Place one fist sized chunk of Cattleman’s Grill Competition Cherry Smoking Wood on the hot coals.
- Place the wings on the cooking grate, opposite the coal bed and away from the heat. Close down the airflow, leaving just a sliver open. Smoke the wings until they reach about 145ºF-150ºF, about 45 minutes.
- To make the Buttermilk Chipotle Ranch dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To make the Honey Habanero Buffalo Sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Whisk to incorporate. Bring to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes to infuse the seasonings. Transfer to a Vitamix Blender. Blend until smooth and light orange in color. Cool to room temperature. The butter may separate, so whisk again until all ingredients are distributed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Light two chimneys of charcoal. When the wings reach 145ºF-150ºF internal temperature, dump the charcoal over the existing bed of charcoal and spread evenly over one half of the grill.
Slide the entire cooking grate filled with the wings over, to position them directly over the heat. Grill on all sides until the skin is crisped and lightly charred. Remove the wings when the internal temperature surpasses 175ºF. Slide the wings off to the indirect side to finish cooking, if needed.
- Place the wings in a large mixing bowl. Add all the Honey Habanero Buffalo Sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve the Honey Habanero Buffalo Wings with the Buttermilk Chipotle Ranch, for dipping.
You might also enjoy: Buffalo Cauliflower
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- 31 grams
- 30 grams
- 148 milligrams