Apple Chutney and Grilled Chicken
Enjoy the flavor-packed combination of Apple Chutney and Grilled Chicken. This chutney is made with Gala apples, pears, onion, butter, brown sugar, herbs and honey for a unique and delightful taste. The chicken is brined and then coated with honey and chicken rub for an extra kick of flavor!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Cattleman's Grill Butcher House Brine
John Henry’s Texas Chicken Tickler
- 2 medium Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp Wildflower Honey
Sea salt, to taste
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- Mix butter, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, thyme, Wildflower Honey, sea salt and black pepper together in a bowl. Mix together until ingredients have formed into a sauce. Pour sauce on apples, pears and onions in a large cast iron skillet. Caramelize mixture on the grill until apples and pears are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Brine the chicken in the Cattleman's Grill Butcher House Brine. Baste chicken with Wildflower Honey and coat in John Henry’s Texas Chicken Tickler and grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (use the Maverick PT-75 thermometer for fast and accurate temperature readings). Place chicken on a bed of long grain wild rice (any store bought brand, simply follow the instructions it comes with), top chicken with Apple Chutney and enjoy!
- Serving Size
- 13.16 oz
- per serving
- 44 grams
- 30 grams
- 11 grams
- 134 milligrams