Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tacos
- By Tom Jackson
- Oct 4, 2014
Try our take on fish tacos with this marinated mahi-mahi recipe from Chef Tom. This healthy and tasty recipe is quick to make.
Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb Mahi-Mahi fillet
- Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Bath
- Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub
- Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Mango Habanero Texas Bird Bath
- Broccoli Slaw (recipe below)
- 3 avocados, puréed in blender with a squeeze of lime juice
- cotija cheese, for serving
- cilantro, for serving
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (12 oz) bag of Asian slaw mix
- 1/3 cup House of Q Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Sauce and Slather
- 1 tbsp sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
Marinate the Mahi-Mahi in the Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Bath for one hour. Preheat your cooker to 450°F. Remove the fish from the marinade. Dust with Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub. Grill flesh side down for 2-3 minutes. Rotate about 90°. Grill 2-3 minutes. Flip and grill skin side down.
When internal temperature reaches 125°F, brush the top side of the fillet with Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Mango Habanero Texas Bird Bath. When internal temperature reaches 135°F, remove from the cooker. Remove skin and flake the fish. Assemble tacos. Corn tortilla, slaw, cilantro, salsa, fish, avocado purée and cotija.
Combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00