Treat your taste buds to a tasty adventure with our Picanha Taquitos! Our crispy-fried corn tortillas are filled with chunky picanha, melty Chihuahua cheese, and zesty Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa for a flavor experience you’ll never forget. Each batch yields 18 taquitos, giving you plenty to share with friends. Add a dollop of cool avocado crema and sprinkle of crumbly Cotija for a truly unforgettable Southwestern feast
Your new summer favorite is the Sriracha Ranch Grilled Chicken Sandwich! Juicy chicken thighs are marinaded in a pickle brine and covered with a creamy, slightly spicy Sriracha Ranch. Put it together with bacon, gouda cheese and brioche buns toasted in bacon fat, then you have a masterpiece of chicken sandwich. This is an absolute must try!
- 20 each corn tortillas
- Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
- 1 qt vegetable oil, for frying
2 cups picanha, chopped
- 1 cup Chihuahua cheese
- 1/4 cup Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
1/2 each medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup Mexican Sour Crema
- 1/4 cup Heat Maverick’s No Spice Vice (not) Hot Sauce
1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups ice berg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
- Preheat your Napoleon Prestige 500 Gas Grill over medium heat, with a Napoleon Reversible Griddle installed on one half of grill, smooth side up.
- Spray the hot griddle with Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat, then fill with six corn tortillas. Cook until lightly browned, then spray the tops of the tortillas and flip and repeat. The tortillas should be lightly browned, but still very pliable.
- Combine your leftover picanha with the chihuahua cheese and salsa and mix well by hand, shredding the beef as you mix.
- Place two tablespoons of the filling on each tortilla. Form it into a log at one end of the tortilla, then roll the tortilla around the fill. Place the taquito seam side down.
- Bring about one quart of vegetable oil to 400ºF in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. You need enough oil for a shallow fry, meaning the tops of the taquitos do not need to be submerged, but the oil should come at least half way up the taquito.
- Using metal tongs, pinch a taquito with the tongs, holding the seam closed and transfer the taquito to the hot oil. Place seam side down and hold in place for a few seconds to make sure the taquito doesn’t open up and unroll. Repeat this with the remaining taquitos, frying in batches, four taquitos at a time. Fry each taquito until it is golden brown on the bottom, then turn with the tongs to cook the other side. When the entire taquito is golden brown, remove from the oil and place on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- Before serving, make the avocado crema. Combine all three ingredients in a mason jar and blitz with an immersion blender. Then transfer to a squeeze bottle.
- Serve the taquitos topped with shredded lettuce, avocado crema, more salsa and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serving Size
- 2 toquitos
- per serving
- 25.6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9.6 grams
- 171 milligrams
- 479 milligrams
- 15 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 1.4 grams
- 57 grams