Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza is your new summertime pizza favorite! A buttermilk ranch base is topped with juicy grilled chicken, smokey bacon, creamy mozzarella and feta cheese and fresh tomatoes. It's a great way to break from the norm and try something new this season.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 10 slices classic cut bacon, halved
- 8 oz low moisture mozzarella, grated
- 3 oz feta crumbles
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Urban Slicer Pizza Mojo White Seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp chives, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub, to taste
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF with the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven installed. Let preheat for 20-30 minutes.
- To make the buttermilk ranch, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Place the bacon into a cold Lodge Bakeware 10.5” x 15.5” Cast Iron Pan. Place the pan in the Wood Fired Oven. Cook until almost crispy, turning the bacon to cook evenly. Remove the bacon from the pan and dry on paper towels. Slice the strips in half lengthwise.
- Using a meat mallet, pound out the thick end of the chicken breasts to even out the thickness. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Place the chicken in the same pan you cooked the bacon in. Cook the chicken in the bacon fat, flipping when browned and continue cooking to an internal temperature of 150ºF. Remove the pan from the oven and the chicken from the pan and rest for five minutes before slicing thin (1/8”).
- Turn the grill temperature up to 550ºF to bake the pizzas.
- To assemble the pizzas, first stretch your pizza dough to about 12” in diameter. Drizzle ranch dressing on the dough. Sprinkle a thin layer of low moisture mozzarella over the ranch. Fan out the bacon and sliced chicken over the top of the cheese. Add more mozzarella to partially cover the bacon and chicken. Nestle halved cherry tomatoes into the mozzarella. Sprinkle with feta and Urban Slicer Pizza Mojo White Seasoning.
- Using a well floured pizza peel, transfer the pizza to the Wood Fired Oven. Bake for about 90-120 seconds, then give the pizza a quarter turn. Repeat this every 30-45 seconds until all sides of the crust are evenly browned, as well as the bottom of the pizza. The cheese should be bubbling and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Finish the Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza with another drizzle of buttermilk ranch and a sprinkling of fresh chives.
- This recipe yields two pizzas, or about 12 servings.
- Serving Size
- 1 slice of pizza
- per serving
- 51.3 grams
- 29.6 grams
- 18.6 grams
- 1684 milligrams