Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Flat Top Adjustable Charcoal Grill for Grilled Veggie Skewers that are so tasty that you won’t even miss the meat!
Grilled Veggie Skewers
- 1 lb 8 oz fingerling potatoes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends root trimmed, outer leaves discarded
- 2 bell peppers, multiple colors, sliced
- 3 jalapeños, halved, deseeded
- 1 red onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 summer squash, halved, sliced 1”
- 1 zucchini, halved, sliced 1”
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Kozlik’s Dijon Classique
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
Purchase Items in this Recipe
Parboil the fingerling potatoes until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
Parboil the Brussels sprouts until almost tender, about 7 minutes.
Light two charcoal chimneys full of lump charcoal. When the charcoal is burning hot to the top of the chimney dump the charcoal in the charcoal bed of the Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Flat Top Grill. Spread evenly. Slide the cooking grate in place.
Thread the veggies onto Flat Bamboo Skewers or Double Prong Metal Skewers. Thread like veggies together. Squash and zucchini together. Peppers and onions together. Brussels on their own skewers. Potatoes on their own skewers.
You might also enjoy: Balsamic Tri-Tip Steak Skewers
Combine the Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kozlik’s Dijon Classique, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, honey and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning in a pint sized mason jar. Place a lid on top and shake vigorously.
Using a long silicone basting brush, stir the basting sauce and baste the tops of the skewers, and immediately transfer to the grill.
Grill until lightly charred and softened on both sides, basting occasionally (carefully; there will be flare-ups).
Remove the skewers from the grill. Remove all veggies from the skewers and mix together in a large serving dish or sheet pan. Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon over the mixed veggies. Season with Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt, to taste.